Care & Comfort
Contact: Mike Stair
Care & Comfort, a leading provider of Home Healthcare and Behavioral Healthcare services throughout 13 Maine counties since 1991, is seeking a Director of Nursing who is an experienced leader with proven management and administrative skills. Successful candidates will work to uphold strong company values and help to promote a culture of mission-driven, patient-focused care delivery, positive change and continuous improvement, while striving for excellence in all areas of the organization.
The Director of Nursing will have successfully graduated with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing and hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Maine. In addition, he or she must have a minimum of three years of recent nursing experience and two years’ experience supervising in a home care setting. Our DON must:
- Maintain their professional knowledge and skills that relate to their area of responsibility as demonstrated by attending and reporting on continuing education programs.
- Be knowledgeable of current best practices in Nursing, as well as MaineCare regulations.
- Be comfortable with the evolving role of technology in patient care, including Electronic Health Records and HIPAA.
- Possess the ability and desire to contribute to the strategic direction of the agency, lead new initiatives and work effectively in an ever-changing environment.
Click here for more information about this and other positions available at Care & Comfort.
Community Health & Counseling Services
Contact: Mary Henrique
CHCS Health Services programs have continued to grow and expand. Become part of our team, delivering home health and hospice care to people in the community; providing one-on-one care to patients recovering from various medical conditions. Current State of Maine RN or LPN license and valid driver’s license is required, recent clinical experience and/or home health care experience a plus.
Community Health Nurses (Full Time & Part Time)
Multiple positions available in Bangor, Dover Foxcroft, Lincoln. Sign-on bonus offered.
RN (Full Time)
Penobscot & Piscataquis Counties
Home Health/Hospice Aides (CNA) (Full Time)
Provides both personal care to patients and environmental assistance to families under the supervision of the delegated primary nurse, thus allowing as far as possible, for the continuance of the necessary normal family activities within the patient’s home. May be assigned to provide block time home health/hospice aide services for a hospice patient. Experience working with the elderly; experience working with multi-problem families desirable. Must be on the State of Maine CNA Registry and possess a valid Maine driver’s license.
Medical Social Worker (Full Time)
The successful candidate will function primarily as part of our hospice team in providing end of life care as well as bereavement services to individuals with end stage disease in Washington and Hancock County. You will be working with patients and their families, in their homes, assisting them with social/emotional problems, as well as practical assistance in managing the challenges they face. A willingness to work with a dynamic team of professionals is a must. BSW or MSW required along with a State of Maine Social Work License; and one year experience in a health care setting.
For more information on CHCS’s benefits package or a complete list of available openings visit www.chcs-me.org
Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Contact: Heather Fowler
EMHS has open positions at their Home Health organizations across the state for professionals wanting to make a positive difference in someone’s life! You would be responsible for providing services to clients in their homes through assessment, and development and implementation of a plan of care, in consultation with physicians and families. Utilizing the latest information technologies and telecommunication systems, you provide a variety of experiences. Excellent Sign on Bonus offered for the experienced home care RN’s.
RN (24 hours/week)
Visiting Nurses of Aroostook, St. John Valley (Reference #29319)
RN (40 hours/week)
Visiting Nurses of Aroostook, Caribou (Reference #28701)
RN (40 hours/week)
VNA Home Health Hospice, Portland (Reference #28837)
The ideal Register Nurse (RN) candidates will have diploma or Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing, a minimum of one year’s experience in acute care nursing, have a current Maine RN license as well as a BLS for Healthcare Providers; proven computer competency and evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written and telephonic means; ability to make decisions regarding priority of work, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to understand specific instructions. A current Maine drivers license with reliable transportation and auto liability insurance is a must as RN will be required to travel in assigned service area.
Speech Language Pathologist (Per Diem)
Bangor Area Visiting Nurses, Bangor (Reference # 29195)
The ideal SLP candidate will have Master’s degree from an accredited school of speech language pathology, a certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and a current BLS for Healthcare Providers. A minimum of one year’s experience in acute care speech language pathology is also required. Must have proven computer competency and evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written and telephonic means; ability to make decisions regarding priority of work, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to understand specific instructions. A current Maine drivers license with reliable transportation and auto liability insurance is required for travel in assigned service area.
Physical Therapist (40 hours/week)
VNA Home Health Hospice, Portland (Reference #29070)
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of physical therapy and a minimum of one year’s experience in acute care physical therapist, as well as a current BLS for Healthcare Providers, are required. A current Maine drivers license with reliable transportation and auto liability insurance is required for travel in assigned service area.
Home Care for Maine
Contact: Gale Theriault
Director of Nursing
Home Care for Maine is seeking an energetic and determined RN with home care history to oversee the establishment of our new Home Health Division. This is an excellent opportunity to put your experience to work in a satisfying and engaging way. The DON is responsible for the complete set up and implementation of our newly licnsed Home Health Care division.
RN candidates must have an active RN license with the State of Maine and a minimum of 3 year’s nursing experience, with 1 year of clinical experience and a minimum of 2 years supervisory or administrative experience in home health care services.
Hospice of Southern Maine
Contact: Stephanie Hutchins, HR Coordinator
Hospice Nurses (Full Time and Per Diem)
Multiple RN positions are available for the Home Program. Active RN license with the State of Maine required. One year of nursing experience is required. One year of nursing experience in oncology, hospice, acute care and/or home care setting is preferred.
Hospice Aid (Full Time)
Multiple Hospice Aid positions available to provide direct hospice care to home hospice patients in their place of residence. CNA Certification required. HHA certification is preferred but we will provide this training to the right individual! Ideal candidates are registered and active with the Maine State CNA Registry, have a high school diploma or equivalency, with a minimum of one year of CNA/HHA/HA experience (hospice/oncology experience preferred).
Qualified individuals only, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to:
Hospice of Southern Maine, Attn: HR Department
180 US Route One, Scarborough ME 04074
Fax: (207) 883-1040
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Registered Nurses (multiple positions available)
MaineGeneral HomeCare has immediate openings for Registered Nurses based out of the Waterville and Skowhegan offices.
Would you like to work as part of a TEAM, motivated by a passion to care and desire to make a difference every day in the lives of our patients and their families? If so, please join our team of motivated healthcare professionals, as we provide the highest quality of care and compassion.
EXPERIENCED NURSES ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A $6,000 SIGN ON BONUS (paid out in various increments). Must be hired into standard hours of at least 30 hours per week to be eligible and have a minimum of one year of experience in the specialty area of hired position.
Here is a sample of the benefits we offer:
- Part time and full time benefits
- Medical, dental, life, disability and AD&D insurance, and 401(k)
- Generous paid time off
To view available job opportunities, please visit our website at www.welcometomgh.com
Contact: Penny Landry, Recruiter/HR Generalist
Clinical Manager (40 hours/week)
The Home Care Clinical Manager will provide support to our Home Care clinical staff and our Home Care services. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides oversight of schedules of professional and paraprofessional staff and assures adequate staffing coverage and that productivity expectations are maintained for clinical staff
- Coordinates and conducts multidisciplinary patient care conferences
- Evaluates quality of care by participating in clinical record review, co-visits with field staff and related activities
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences, we will need you to have the following:
- Minimum (3) years of Nursing experience and (1) year Home Care experience
- State of Maine RN License, BLS Certification and Valid Driver’s License
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred
- Great communication skills
Home Care RN (40 hours/week – Day Shift)
The Home Care RN is a professional Registered Nurse who is accountable for the delivery of quality patient care. This includes assessing, coordinating and participating in the total care and teaching for Home Care patients. Primary responsibilities include:
- Visiting patients and providing nursing care within the patient’s home. Care is delivered in collaboration with the patient, family members, physicians, peers and other members of the healthcare team
- The nurse maintains the highest standards of nursing practice in the clinical setting and is responsible for creating exceptional patient/family experiences during the delivery of this care
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences, we need you to have the following:
- Minimum (1) or more years of Nursing experience
- State of Maine Nursing License, BLS Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Physical Therapist (40 hours/week – Day Shift)
The Physical Therapist position is a a full time position working Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm, but may require flexibility with office hours. The Physical Therapist is responsible for:
- Providing physical therapy services to patients in their homes in accordance with a written Plan of Care approved by a physician.
- The Physical Therapist makes an initial evaluation visit and plans with patient, family and physician for on-going Home Health services.
- Initiates, reviews and implements the PT Care Plan for each patient based on the assessment and prescribed Plan of Care.
- Revises Plan of Care when indicated.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative Physical Therapy procedures.
In order to help us continue to offer exceptional patient experiences, we need you to have the following:
- Minimum of (1) years of Physical Therapy experience. Prefer Home Care experience but not required.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Computer skills.
- State of Maine PT License
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification
- A valid Driver’s License